Highlights from the 142nd Stated Meeting of Palo Duro Presbytery
- God above was worshiped in community in the beautifully renovated sanctuary of First Central Presbytery in Abilene, Texas. The collection plate from the worship service was donated to the Kenya Water Well (also known lovingly as the Bore Hole Water Project) and Mother Esther’s Schools and Rescue Centers in the amount of a cool $1,000.00. May God bless every penny.
- PDP celebrated the ministry and marked the retirement of Rev. Jerry Koch and Rev. Andy Chandler with a a special liturgy and reception. Well done good and faithful servants of Jesus Christ. (Please see photo at left).
- New Minimum Terms of Call for ministers were approved with a 2% increase from 2018. Details are already on the web site, located in the resources window under Guidelines and Policies.
- The terms of call for Rev. Janell Blair were approved, serving both Borger (stated supply) and Dumas (transitional ministry). Thank you God! This is a new, creative way to serve the church.
- Grace Presbytery PNC and United Presbyterian Church of Montague Country PNC were approved. Covenant Lubbock MIF was approved.
- We celebrated the CRE talents and successes in PDP.
Approved a temporary supply relationship between Elizabeth Stites-deSteiger and Trinity, Wichita Falls to be an ordainable call.
- What does Church look like outside of the church walls? We learned about our shared mission of the Kenya Water Well (also known lovingly as the Bore Hole Water Project) and Mother Esther’s Schools and Rescue Centers led by First Central Presbyterian Church in Abilene. The NOROC report was led by Carol and Rich Schempp. All of us are buoyed by their leadership.
- We look forward to the 143rd PDP Presbytery Meeting to be held at First Presbyterian Church, Canadian, April 26th and 27th, 2019 Common Life Ministry is already at work.